List View Webpart Problem

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Hi,

I Installed Enhanced List View Web Part, but when added webpart from any list of sites, dont appear anything.

When added webpart from Remote Site, show this error bellow:

I using sharepoint wss 3.0 Sp2.

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to use an SPWeb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer valid.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.
Exception Details: Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Trying to use an SPWeb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer valid.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SPException: Trying to use an SPWeb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer valid.]
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.get_Web() +308
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPWebPartManager.GetPermissions(WebPart webPart) +939
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPChromeHelper.get_CanUseLayout() +150
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPChromeHelper.SetupLayout() +105
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPChromeHelper.SetupForRender(WebPart part) +65
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPChrome.SetupForRender(WebPart part) +73
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.SPChrome.RenderWebPart(HtmlTextWriter output, WebPart part) +56
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartZone.RenderZoneCell(HtmlTextWriter output, Boolean bMoreParts, WebPart part) +254
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartZone.RenderWebParts(HtmlTextWriter output, ArrayList webParts) +771
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPartZone.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +1449
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +240
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +240
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +42
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +253
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +87
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +53
System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +42
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +38
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4240

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Thanks for pointing this out.  I will attempt to reproduce using SP2.

I want to also disclaim that this Web Part is still very much Alpha, unlike the rest of the features that are part of this project.  I have written about some of the existing known issues in a comment on my blog here.

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:25 PM

I downloaded the version 1.9, the problem is solved, but I discovered another problem.

When I added an List View Webpart and also webpart from document library together.

In webpart document library, if you to navigate in document library the List view Webpart showing the error:

Value does not fall within the expected range.

Any idea?

Sep 16, 2009 at 4:36 PM

Additionally, this message "Value does not fall within the expected range." appears when you click in a folder on document library.

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I just upgraded to SP2 to attempt to reproduce these issues.  I am unable to reproduce thus far, so if you could provide some more info on what steps you are taking to reproduce, that would be much appreciated.

Here are the steps I am taking that is working fine for me:

1. Create new site using the 'Document Workspace' template
  2. Create a folder in the 'Shared Documents' document library
  3. Upload several documents of different types to both the root of the document library and the folder created above
  4. Add the List View Web Part to sites default page and configure to use the 'Shared Documents' document library and the 'All Documents' view
  5. Exit edit mode, and then click on the folder shown within the List View Web Part

Sep 18, 2009 at 3:14 PM

Almost!

See below the steps

1. Create new site using the Team Site template
  2. Create a folder in the 'Shared Documents' document library
  3. Upload several documents of different types to both the root of the document library and the folder created above
  4. Add the 'Document Library' as a webpart to sites default page, using own list. 
  5. Add the List View Web Part to sites default page and configure to use the any other list from 'A Different Site in this Farm'.
  6. Exit edit mode, and then click on the folder shown within the Document Library List.

We have two webparts, the List View and document library.

Did you get it?

In this exactly scenary I also get the following error message:

List does not exist The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user.

But the lists existis. I am sure! I dont get the behavior, I mean, when each message appears.

Thanks a million for all your help.

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2009 at 3:31 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Got it, thanks for the steps.  I am now able to reproduce it.  I'll look into this one and keep you posted in this discussion.

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:22 PM

Thanks a million.

I am looking forward to test it again.

Lucas

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Hi, Any news?